Where can I use the passport card instead of a U.S. passport?

The passport card can only be used at U.S. land and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda.  The card may not be used to travel by air.  Otherwise, it carries the rights and privileges of the U.S. passport book.  To get a passport card, you must go through the same approval and documentation process as for a passport.