• Education is the most effective tool to help your children deal with cyber bullying. Some tips:
• Understanding the motives can stop bullying. Start by teaching them to recognize the four profiles of cyber bullies and their motives (See also “What is cyber bullying and who are the bullies?”).
• Ask your child about incidences of bullying in their school to see what they know.
• Listen and be alert to signs your child is being bullied. Respond immediately by talking with your child’s school guidance counselor or a teacher. It’s also important to confront the bully.
• Support partnerships between parents, teachers and school administrators to teach prevention with awareness-raising campaigns.