1. Always make sure you are at the site you want. (See, If the Internet is secure, why are there Internet security problems?)
2. Don’t click on a link in an email. (See, How does phishing work?)
3. Try to use a browser security bar.
4. Protect yourself against phishing. (See, What is the best way to prevent phishing?)
5. Protect yourself against keyboard logging. (See, What is a keystroke monitor?)
6. Don’t store passwords on your PC if anyone else can get to it.
7. Don’t put your passwords in a file on your PC.
8. Don’t write down your passwords if you can avoid it, or hide them really, really well.