To whom can I report online Internet crimes?

Reporting online Internet crimes depends on the nature of crime and the country. You can start with the police as you would with any crime, but if the crime involves a credit card or bank account, you might want to first contact your bank or card company and follow their advice. In fact, the UK Home Office advises people in England, Wales and Northern Ireland to report cases of fraud involving credit cards, online banking and checks directly to your bank or card company first. In the UK, these organizations are responsible for verifying the crime, and reporting it to the police. The UK Home Office made these changes to reduce bureaucracy and speed up investigations. Many countries and large cities have a department that specializes in computer-related crime and fraud.
Rate this tip: 
  • My comment
  • Comments [0]

Add new comment

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

No comments available

If you do not findthe answer you're looking for...

Ask your question