What should I do if my driver’s license is stolen?

If you lose a government-issued identification like your driver’s license, contact the agency that issued you the document. In the United States this is your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). In the United Kingdom, for example, you should contact the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

Your agency will give you the procedure to follow to cancel your license and get a new one. In order to find out the correct procedure for your country please visit your Government’s web site. Often, they can also put a “flag” on your file that can alert the agency if someone else tries to obtain a driver’s license or other document in your name.

Link to DVLA:

See also :

How can I prevent identity theft?

Rate this tip: 
  • My comment
  • Comments [0]

Add new comment

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

No comments available

If you do not findthe answer you're looking for...

Ask your question